Have you enjoyed the 2017 Indiependence Celebration?
I hope you’ve learned some great new tips and tricks to propel you on your writing journey! I’m so excited to have hosted so many truly great talents and unique voices this year, and I’m looking forward to amping up the awesome even more next year. Interested in participating as a speaker or sponsor of next year’s event? Sign up below and I’ll drop you a line when I start planning! <3
Giveaway winners will be randomly chosen before the end of July and will be notified individually by email. Be sure you have davincikittie (at) gravetells (dot) com and sue (at) davincikittie (dot) com added to your contacts list or address book so you don’t miss a potential prize email!
Sign up to participate in 2018
Want to be part of next year’s event? Great! I’m looking for authors (indie and traditionally pubbed), publishers, and other publishing professionals who want to share their knowledge and expertise with new authors just beginning and growing their careers. I’m also looking for sponsors, so if you want to host a giveaway, you can sign up for that here too! Sign up below and I’ll email you once I start planning my 2018 event. <3
[button color=”pink” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://goo.gl/forms/mJFslzxNPIMjSpH33″]Sign up here![/button]
Quick list of resources from #IndieMonth2017
Sue Brown-Moore, focus on Developmental & Line
Laurie McLean, Fuse Literary
Danielle Barclay, Barclay Publicity
Featured authors – and their topics
- AM, the Startup Indie Author – mailing lists & marketing
- Chloe Adler – step-by-step book launch plan
- Beth Barany – social media & marketing
- Damon Suede – conventions & networking
- Melissa Blue – book covers & image creation
- Hildie McQueen – the transition to full-time writing
- Chelsea Mueller – getting started as an author
- Angel Payne – branding & self-publishing
- Jodi Vaughn – creating a spin-off series
- Rebecca Zanetti – time management
Open publisher submissions (as of July 2017—subject to change)
The Dreamspun category romance lines are open and all submissions are welcome. Authors can submit complete manuscripts to email@example.com or they may send pitches to Editor in Chief Lynn West directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. See my interview with Lynn here for submission advice.
Fonts for cover art
Stock images for cover art
Image manipulation programs for cover art
Book launch, marketing, & educational resources
- Facebook groups:
- Launch to Market by Chris Fox
- 10 Step Self-Publishing BOOT CAMP: The Survival Guide For Launching Your First Novel (Career Author #1) by S.K. Quinn
- Mastering Amazon Ads: An Author’s Guide by Brian D. Meeks
- Marketing Shortcuts for the Self-Employed: Leverage Resources, Establish Online Credibility and Crush Your Competition by Patrick Swerdtfeger
- Twitter for Authors: Social Media Book Marketing Strategies for Shy Writers by Beth Barany
- Your A Game: winning promo for genre Fiction by Damon Suede and Heidi Cullinan
- Online promo tools:
- Newsletter options:
- Online article databases:
- Other online tools:
- Weebly (website builder)
- Twitter (social sharing platform)
- Understanding ROI (Return On Investment)
- Info on “also boughts” on Amazon Kindle
- Chloe Adler’s Writing Resources for Authors
- Writer’s Fun Zone by Beth Barany
- Sample PR packet here from SciFi romance author Athena Grayson
- Kissmetrics’ Free Email Marketing Guide for Beginners
A HUGE shout-out to our #IndieMonth2017 Sponsors!
Thank you so much to the following authors, who each sponsored a giveaway for a lucky reader! Winners will be contacted before the end of July 2017.
Visit our 2017 sponsors below!
See the Reader Track wrap post & resource list
[button color=”pink” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”samewindow” url=”http://bit.ly/IM17GT-Wrap”]Check out the GraveTells wrap-up & resource list for readers[/button]
Need an editor?
I am a freelance developmental editor passionate about helping authors continually sharpen their skills and hone their craft. Check out what I do and see if it’s the right fit for you!
[button color=”pink” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”samewindow” url=”http://davincikittie.com/about-me”]Yes! I need an editor![/button]